Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe – Here’s an ideal recipe for one of those hot, sultry days of July and August. It’s easy to make and great for a summer party.
Recipe is courtesy of Allrecipes.com.
See our Editor’s Blog, here.
- 4 cups 2 percent milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 In large bowl, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla and peppermint until the sugar has dissolved.
- 2 Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the directions from your manufacturer. (Generally, layer crushed ice and rock salt around the canister and freeze until the motor stops--for this recipe, about 30 minutes). After the first 10 minutes, open the lid carefully and add the chocolate chips, then return to churning.
- 3 Once the machine has stopped churning, remove the thickened ice cream and put into a freezer safe container. Freeze until hard (about 2 hours), then serve.