I must admit, these “forgotten” brownies have been in my collection since the second Yankee Chef (my Dad) made them for me a couple of decades ago.
Because of my son’s daily struggle with high blood pressure, I thought of these Moistest Chocolate Brownies Evah and made them. He had no clue what was in them and neither will you!
Moist doesn’t even begin to describe them. They are super chocolaty and just plain great to eat and feel good about after. Try ’em!
- As needed nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 4 ounces dark (at least 70 percent cacao) chocolate
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- 2 Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3 Add oil and dark chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Remove to stir until smooth. If you need to heat longer, do so in 15-second increments until completely melted; set aside.
- 4 In a food processor or blender, add remaining ingredients and melted chocolate. Puree on high until completely smooth.
- 5 Pour into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes. It will feel slightly soft but that is what you want.
- 6 Remove from oven to cool.