Flavored with molasses and apple cider vinegar, this crispy slaw is wonderful with our Smoked Beef Brisket. Or serve alongside a platter of barbecued ribs.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.
- 1 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and green portions
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 In a large colander, combine the green and red cabbages. Sprinkle with salt and toss to combine. Let stand in the colander for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2 Spin the cabbages in a salad spinner to remove excess moisture. Transfer the cabbage to a large bowl. Add the green onions and carrots and toss to combine.
- 3 In a small bowl, whisk together the molasses, mustard, mayonnaise and honey. Slowly add the vinegar and whisk vigorously to emulsify. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- 4 Pour the dressing over the coleslaw and toss well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Toss the coleslaw again just before serving.