This Moroccan Spiced Hummus is the perfect appetizer to please picky party guests! With a delicious mix of flavors, such as tahini, garlic, honey and garbanzo beans, this hummus recipe has a little something for everyone.
This recipe is courtesy of the National Honey Board.
- 2 cans (15 1/2 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Toasted pita triangles or crackers, for serving
- 1 Combine all ingredients except cilantro and Pita Triangles in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Remove mixture to a serving bowl.
- 2 Stir in chopped cilantro or parsley.
- 3 Serve with Pita Triangles or crackers.
- 4 *Want to make your own pita triangles? Separate and cut rounds of pita bread to form 2 circles each. Cut each circle into 6 or 8 triangles. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400°F about 5 minutes until crisp and lightly browned at edges.