Hannah Swenson is the character in this Hallmark Movies & Mysteries series, and this is just one of the cookies you might find in her cookie shop. We call it Mystery Recipes Solved–because it’s right out of the Joanne Fluke novel (Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder) that has been made into a Hallmark Mystery movie. There’s no mystery about the fact that everyone loves a great cookie!
Also see our other recipes from this series:
Recipes used by permission.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 4 cups flour
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 Melt butter and add brown sugar.
- 3 Mix well and let cool.
- 4 Add beaten eggs and mix.
- 5 Add salt, baking soda, vanilla, and nuts.
- 6 Mix well.
- 7 Add flour and mix until flour is thoroughly distributed.
- 8 Form dough into balls (about the size of a walnut shell).
- 9 Place them on a greased cookie sheet, 12 to a standard sheet.
- 10 Press them down with a spatula that has been treated with non-stick cooking spray.
- 11 Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- 12 Let cookies set up on sheet for one minute, then remove them to a wire rack to finish cooling.