Much lighter than the traditional French Quiche, this main dish tart still packs an amazing amount of flavor! With a ricotta base, sautéed onions and zucchini along with a Black Forest Ham center all nestled in light, flakey fillo dough; this is a tart you’ll be serving often. Here’s a little hint, if you have children who just don’t want to eat their veggies, I guarantee they’ll never even notice the zucchini!
This is a recipe from Chat ‘n Dish show host, KC Quaretti. View episodes of the show now on The Food Channel.
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil divided
- 15 ounces ricotta ( I use non fat)
- 1 package fillo dough
- 1 egg
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Black Forest Ham
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2 Sauté onion and zucchini in large pan with 2 T olive oil over med/low until browned.
- 3 Mix with ricotta, egg and thyme.
- 4 Layer tart pan with 2 sheets fillo, brush with butter/olive oil mixture.
- 5 Layer 2 more sheets and brush with butter & repeat 2 times more
- 6 Add ½ ricotta mix.
- 7 Top with sliced ham.
- 8 Top with remaining ricotta mix.
- 9 Layer 2 sheets on top, spread with butter Layer two more sheets and brush with butter.
- 10 Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.