Try this homemade marinara sauce on your pasta dish. The fresh herbs and vegetables create an aroma that will bring the whole family to the dinner table before you even have to ask. That alone is worth the effort!
Catch this great recipe on the latest episode of 90 Seconds in the Kitchen, where Chef Cari breaks down the steps and shows you how simple a homemade marinara can be.
- 4 carrots, finely chopped
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt and Pepper as needed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 28 oz. cans diced tomatoes and juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, rough chopped
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 In a large dutch oven, drizzle in olive oil and heat on medium.
- 2 Add carrots, celery, and onion.
- 3 Season with Salt and Pepper.
- 4 Saute until translucent and fragrant, add garlic and continue to sauté 1 min.
- 5 Add in diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
- 6 Cook on medium heat stirring frequently for about 20 minutes and it begins to thicken.
- 7 Stir in parsley, basil and bay leaf and continue to cook another 10 minutes.
- 8 Remove bay leaf and serve.