This simple, yet tasty, Ham and Cheese Mushroom Omelet is easy enough for your young adults to make themselves for a filling and nutritious breakfast!
Want to see how it’s done? Watch the how-to video right here.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fully cooked ham steak, finely chopped
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2-4 tablespoons salsa jack cheese, or your favorite cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 n a small bowl, beat the eggs, cream, chives, garlic salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 10-1/2-in. nonstick skillet; add the egg mixture and cook over medium heat
- 2 As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath
- 3 Sprinkle with ham, green pepper, tomato and mushrooms
- 4 When eggs are set, remove from the heat and fold omelet in half. Sprinkle with cheese; cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts
- 5 Plating: Add the omelet in the center of a white plate. Garnish with more cheese down the center with a parsley sprig topped with Dried Cherries