Full of wholesome ingredients, these cookies are practically guilt-free.
Why Try? These are perfect for those who want a cookie that’s not super sweet.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal (quick cooking variety)
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Sift flour with salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 2 In a separate large bowl, mix butter, sugar and egg together.
- 3 Add bananas and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- 4 Add flour mixture and oatmeal, then add nuts.
- 5 If mixture is sticky, refrigerate for up to half an hour. Drop about a teaspoonful per cookie onto lightly greased cookie sheets, or line sheets with parchment paper.
- 6 Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes until nicely browned.