These cookies are a lovely combination of sweet and citrus. They make wonderful Christmas cookies if you are making your list, but why wait! They celebrate the end of summer, too!
Why Try? The icing is boosted with the addition of orange zest.
Also see our :90 Seconds in the Kitchen video to see how to make these.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- FOR ICING:
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- 2 Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- 3 Place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed. Add the sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well.
- 4 Add the reserved dry ingredients and marmalade. Mix thoroughly.
- 5 Drop the cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet using a teaspoon.
- 6 Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown.
- 7 For the Icing
- 8 Combine zests and juices in a bowl. Set aside. In another bowl beat butter on low speed adding 1 cup of confectioners' sugar and blend thoroughly. Add the remaining 2 cups sugar, salt and citrus juice mixture. Blend until smooth.
- 9 When cookies are completely cooled, ice the cookies.