Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Orange Pecan Frangipane Tart Recipe. Frangipane is usually a sweet paste made from ground almonds. You can use pecans to satisfy the hunger of pecan-lovers.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 489 Fat, Total: 30g Carbohydrates, Total: 51g
Cholesterol: 82mg Sodium: 137mg Protein: 7g
Fiber: 2g % Cal. from Fat: 55% % Cal. from Carbs: 42%
Tip: When blind baking the crust, to avoid bubbles from forming (which can cause tears or holes in the dough) line the pie crust with aluminum foil or parchment paper and top with ceramic pie weights. These weights keep the crust from bubbling while crust is baking in the oven.
- FOR CRUST: 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (packed) confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- FOR FILLING: 1 cup pecans, toasted lightly, cooled
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, toasted lightly, cooled
- 3/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 large egg white (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (about) pecan halves
- Additional light corn syrup
- 1 FOR CRUST: Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2 Blend flour, sugar and salt in processor. Add butter and blend until coarse meal forms. Add orange concentrate and blend until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- 3 Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 11-inch round. Transfer to 9 1/2-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Pierce dough all over with fork; chill 10 minutes. Bake 3 minutes; press up sides of crust with back of fork, if slipping. Bake until crust is pale golden, pressing with back of fork if crust bubbles, about 12 minutes longer.
- 4 FOR FILLING: Blend toasted pecans, almonds, 1/2 cup brown sugar, orange peel and cinnamon in processor until moist paste forms; mix in egg white. Crumble frangipane over bottom of crust.
- 5 Combine eggs, 1/2 cup corn syrup, orange juice concentrate, bourbon, vanilla, salt and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar in processor bowl. Pulse 2 times just to blend. Pour egg mixture evenly over frangipane. Starting at edge and pointing nuts toward center of tart, arrange pecan halves in concentric circles atop filling.
- 6 Bake tart until filling is firm to touch in center, about 30 minutes. Transfer tart to rack. Brush pecan halves lightly with additional corn syrup to glaze. Cool tart completely.
- 7 DO-AHEAD TIP: Tart can be made 1 day ahead. Cover cooled tart loosely with foil and store at room temperature.