Sometimes we crave tasty takeout dishes that may not be the best for our waistlines. The solution? Make your favorite dish at home with fresh ingredients, so you can have control over how many calories are in the dish. This recipe is light, tangy, and even better than Chinese takeout!
Want to see more? Watch Chef Johanna Cook make Orange Shrimp Stir-Fry and make it at home today!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice cooking wine
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented and cut into quarters
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Heat a wok or a large skillet with oil on medium-high heat.
- 2 Add onion and saute for 1 minute or until onions are tender.
- 3 Add sliced red bell peppers and saute for another minute.
- 4 Add garlic and ginger and toss.
- 5 Add shrimp and toss with the vegetables. Once the shrimp start to turn pink around the edges add orange juice, soy sauce, rice cooking wine, salt and red pepper flakes. Toss.
- 6 Add the orange segments and snow peas and toss together until the snow peas turn bright green.
- 7 Toss and add the sesame oil.
- 8 Toss and serve.