Puttanesca sauce is a great topping for many dishes and is something easily stored in the fridge. See how you can make puttanesca sauce and really liven up this pan seared tuna meal.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 35 ounce jar capers, drained
- 6 ounces kalamata olives, rough chopped
- 6 anchovies or 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 2 - 28 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 Tuna steaks
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 In a large pan saute onion, garlic and red pepper in olive oil.
- 2 Add in capers, olives, anchovies and tomatoes.
- 3 Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 4 In the meantime, season tuna steaks with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- 5 In a hot skillet, pan sear the tuna on both sides until done to your liking.