Overnight oatmeal is a really hot breakfast trend and it’s no wonder why. It’s easy to make and ready-to-go in the morning. You can customize to your personal preferences with a variety of fruits, nuts and berries.
This recipe for PB&J Overnight Oatmeal can be made in a larger bowl instead of individual containers, letting each person spoon out their own portion and add the peanut butter when you’re ready to serve.
You can also multiply this recipe for a large group or to have enough for the entire week!
This recipe for PB&J Overnight Oatmeal is shared by our friends at the National Honey Board.
- 2 cups rolled Quaker oats
- 4 teaspoons wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 4-6 tablespoons favorite jam, reserved
- Additional honey to taste
- 1 Fill each container with 1/2 cup oats, 1 teaspoon wheat germ, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup milk and 1 tablespoon honey; stir together to combine.
- 2 Add 1 tablespoon peanut butter to each container and stir again; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3 When you are ready to eat, heat on high, loosely covered for 1 minute in the microwave, stir and recover, heat for an additional minute. Let the oatmeal sit for 2 minutes and stir to combine the peanut butter more thoroughly.
- 4 Add a generous tablespoon of your favorite jam as well as a drizzle of honey.