This is not your Mom’s grilled cheese. This sophisticated sandwich is a balance of flavors and textures – from the hearty whole grain sourdough to the sweet juicy peaches, salty prosciutto and sopresatta, creamy thyme aioli and peppery watercress.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 8 slices whole grain sourdough bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 medium peaches, thinly sliced
- 4 very thin prosciutto slices
- 4 slices sopresatta or other salami
- 4 slices Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup watercress leaves
- 1 Preheat panini press while assembling panini. Mix mayonnaise, thyme and lemon peel in small bowl until well blended.
- 2 Spread each slice of bread with mayonnaise mixture. Divide peaches, prosciutto, sopressata, cheese and watercress evenly among 4 of the bread slices. Top each with second slice of bread.
- 3 Place 2 sandwiches at a time on panini press and close. Cook 2 to 4 minutes or until bread is golden brown with grill marks and cheese is melted. Serve warm.