Explore the versatility of peanut butter with this delicious soup. It adds a contemporary twist for snacking and entertaining…and lunch!
Recipe by Marcus Samuelsson courtesy of PLANTERS Peanut Butter
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 quart (4 cups) water
- 1 large sweet potato (1/2 pound), peeled, chopped
- 1 carrot peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon berbere
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 COOK and stir onions and garlic in hot oil in large saucepan on medium heat 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, water and vegetables; simmer on medium-low heat 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2 STIR in remaining ingredients until well blended. Cool 30 minutes.
- 3 BLEND soup, in batches if necessary, in blender until smooth. Return to saucepan. Cook 5 minutes until heated through, stirring frequently.
- 4 TIP: Substitute 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/8 teaspoon allspice for the berbere.