Add a naturally sweet crunch to this classic appetizer dish with this recipe for Pecan Deviled Eggs. Perfect to serve as a nutritious finger food for a spring gathering.
Recipe and image courtesy of the American Pecan Council.
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons coarse mustard, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh pecan pieces
- 1 Slice hard boiled eggs in half and remove yolks to a small bowl. Add mustard, chives, salt and pepper to the yolks and mix together with a fork. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 2 Spoon yolk mixture back into egg whites. Top with pecan pieces and serve.