If you’ve ever wanted to try your hand at mixology, now’s the time, with this mixed drink from Mercadito.
This recipe provided by Mercadito Restaurant.
See our video and restaurant review, too.
- Pepino El Pyu
- 2 ounces tequila blanco
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce cucumber juice
- 1 ounce hoja santa syrup (recipe follows)
- Hoja Santa Syrup - 2½ cups
- 4 tablespoons hoja santa, dried
- 2½ cups cold water
- 2½ cups white sugar
- Cumin Salt
- 1/2 cup coarse salt
- 1/2 cup ground cumin
- 1 Pepino El Pyu:
- 2 Add all ingredients to glass.
- 3 Shake over ice.
- 4 Decorate rim with cumin salt.
- 5 Hoja Santa Syrup:
- 6 In medium pot, place sugar and water and bring to boil.
- 7 Add the dried hoja santa and let boil for one more minute.
- 8 Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 9 Remove from heat and cool, strain through a very fine strainer and refrigerate.
- 10 Cumin Salt:
- 11 In a bowl mix both ingredients until well distributed.