This Pineapple Fried Rice is the perfect one wok dinner that combines sweet with a bit of spice!
Want to try this recipe for yourself? Check out the video for Pineapple Fried Rice
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten with a dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups ham, diced
- 1 1/2 pineapple, fresh, chopped
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, white and green parts
- 3 cloves garlic, fresh, minced
- 1/2 cup cashews, unsalted, chopped
- 4 cups Jasmine rice, cooked and chilled
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- sriracha, to taste
- 1 lime, halved
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- 1 Heat a large wok or large non-stick skillet over med-high heat until a drop of water sizzles up. Have a large bowl nearby. Pour in 1 teaspoon oil and cook the eggs, scrambled. Transfer the eggs to the empty bowl.
- 2 Next add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and saute the pineapple and red bell pepper about 3-5 minutes or until the pineapple is carmelized on the edges.
- 3 Add in the green onion and garlic, stirring constantly for 1 more minute or until fragrant. Transfer mix to bowl with eggs.
- 4 To the hot pan, add another 2 teaspoons oil, add diced ham and cook until edges brown, add cashews and continue to cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in rice and continue to cook until rice is hot, while continuing to stir.
- 5 Pour back in the pan the egg and vegetable mixture and mix well. Remove from the heat and add in the soy sauce and squeeze fresh lime and mix well. Season to taste with salt. Portion into serving bowls, drizzle with sriracha and garnish with cilantro sprigs.