These Pineapplehead Turkey Sliders will delight the kids and the adults at your Halloween celebration. From the animated film, The Legend of Hallowaiian, voiced by Mark Hamill of Star Wars fame, Stranger Things lead Noah Schnapp and the legendary Vanessa Williams, this recipe features the popular King’s Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls.
King’s Hawaiian partnered with Fresh Baked Films to promote The Legend of Hallowaiian which is set in the Hawaiian Islands. It’s the story of a mythical monster, Pineapplehead, and three young friends who must get local legends like Menehune (whose favorite food is King’s Hawaiian Rolls) to restore peace.
All in good, spooky fun, but more important, a chance to eat those addictive rolls…
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- To taste salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 King's Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup King's Hawaiian Big Island Lava Sauce
- 6 pineapple rings, quartered
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 slices provolone, quartered
- 6 slices yellow cheddar, quartered
- 6 small Persian cucumbers, cut into sticks
- 1 In large bowl, combine turkey, egg yolk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and use your hands to shape into three 1/2-inch patties.
- 2 Heat the olive oil on a griddle over medium heat. Cook patties until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 3 minutes per side. Place a quarter slice of cheddar cheese on top of each patty and allow to melt.
- 3 Slice King's Hawaiian dinner rolls in half. Seperate top half from bottom.
- 4 Place a turkey patty on the bottom half of each roll. Pour Lava Sauce over the patty. Top with 2 pineapples pieces and a slice of red onion.
- 5 Slice an inch-long "X" shape into the middle of the top half of each roll. Place on top of slider.
- 6 Gently press cucumber sticks into the "X" shape to form the pineapple crown.
- 7 For eyes: use a quarter slice of cheddar cheese to create two eye shapes for each slider. Use a quarter slice of provolone to create 2 slightly smaller eye shapes for each slider. Use a toothpick to attach the cheddar and provolone to create each eye.
- 8 For mouth: use a quarter slice of cheddar cheese to create an angry mouth. Press onto the side of the turkey patty.