This pinecone-shaped cheese spread could serve as an edible centerpiece at your next dinner party.
Recipe courtesy of KRAFT®.
Nutrition Infomation (per serving): Calories 190, Total fat 13 g, Saturated fat 6 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Dietary fiber 1 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 6 g, Vitamin A 6 %DV, Vitamin C 0 %DV, Calcium 25 %DV, Iron 4 %DV.
Makes 2 cups spread or 16 servings, 2 tablespoons spread and 5 crackers each.
Kraft Kitchens Tips:
Size-Wise: Each 2-tablespoon serving of this spicy spread packs a flavor punch.
Make it Easy: Shape cheese mixture into ball instead of pinecone shape. Cover with almonds as desired.
Jazz It Up: Prepare as directed, adding 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce to the cream cheese mixture before shaping as directed.
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) KRAFT Mexican Style 2% Milk Finely Shredded Four Cheese
- 2 tablespoons GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds, toasted
- RITZ Crackers
- 1 PLACE cream cheese, shredded cheese and mustard in food processor or blender; cover. Process until well blended. Stir in chilies.
- 2 PLACE on sheet of waxed paper; shape into 4-inch oval to resemble a pinecone. Insert almonds in rows to completely cover cream cheese mixture. Place on serving plate; cover.
- 3 REFRIGERATE at least 2 hours or up to 5 days. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving with the crackers.