Polynesian Pork Chops Recipe. Enjoy tropical flavors any time of year with this savory skillet dish featuring tender pork chops in a flavorful pineapple-soy-mushroom sauce.
Although the groundhog did not see his shadow, much of the country is still finding itself in winter’s icy grip. This recipe is sure to help beat the freeze until spring arrives.
Recipe courtesy of: Campbell’s Kitchen
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained, reserving juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups hot cooked regular long-grain white rice
- Sliced green onion
- 1 Season the pork with the garlic powder.
- 2 Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until well browned on both sides.
- 3 Add the onion, soup, water, pineapple juice, soy sauce and honey to the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or until the pork is cooked through. Stir in the pineapple. Serve the pork and sauce with the rice and sprinkle with the green onion.
- 4 RECIPE TIPS: SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with steamed sugar snap peas. For Dessert serve fresh strawberries.