Make this Pomegranate Roasted Leg of Lamb a new fall tradition in your household.
Succulent lamb, marinated in a mixture of pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, onion, olive and fresh rosemary.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, coarse grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 4-1/2 pounds American Lamb leg, boned, rolled and tied
- 1 In small bowl whisk all ingredients together except lamb leg.
- 2 Place lamb on roasting rack in roasting pan. Baste lamb every 15 minutes and roast at 350ºF for 20 minutes per pound or until desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium and 170ºF for well. Remove from oven, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
- 3 Remove from oven, cover and let stand for 10 minutes (internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees), then serve.
- Calories 238
- Protein 31
- Carbohydrates 4
- Fat 10
- Fat Calories 38
- Cholesterol 98
- Sodium 272
- Zinc 5
- Iron 3
- Vitamin B12 3