This melt in your mouth Potato Soufflé, from Chef Mike Mech, combines all of your favorite ingredients into one delicious dish! With few ingredients and an easy-to-do recipe, you will wow your guests with this elegant tasting souffle. We recommend pairing this dish with Bungalow Chef’s savory and enjoyable Beef Bourguignon!
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 1 stick of butter (melted and warmed with cream)
- 3 cups of heavy cream or a bit more depending on the starch of the potatoes
- 8 oz. cream cheese (cut into small bits)
- 1 egg (room temperature and beaten)
- 1/4 tsp. baking power
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tablespoons ground horseradish
- 1 Peel and placed the potatoes in a stock pot with water that is just covering the potatoes. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and two tablespoons of ground horseradish.
- 2 Bring to boil and simmer until fork tender. Drain well.
- 3 Using the ricer or masher to start processing the potatoes.
- 4 Incorporate the cream cheese, melted butter, and cream. Mix in the egg and baking powder.
- 5 Place in the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes until it starts puffing up and turning golden brown. This can be made the day before. Just bring up to room temperature before you place it in the oven.