Provolone and Prosciutto Panino with Rosemary Recipe. Hot off the grill, in honor of the second annual National Panini Month, Sargento invites food lovers to switch up their usual sandwich routine and celebrate the delicious goodness of a panino during the month of August.
Recipe courtesy of Sargento
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 slices Italian or sourdough bread
- 2 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Provolone Cheese
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1 Combine oil and rosemary; brush lightly over one side of each slice of bread.
- 2 Turn one slice over onto a sheet of wax paper. Spread mustard over bread.
- 3 Place one slice of cheese over bread. Top with prosciutto, remaining slice of cheese and bread, oiled side up.
- 4 Cook sandwich in a preheated panino maker or lightly greased waffle iron until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5 NOTE: 4 large slices multi-grain or whole wheat bread may be substituted.