Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
With the use of the dough hook, the ingredients are quickly put together for an overnight rise. A little assembly in the morning is rewarded with a wonderfully sticky, pull-apart bread.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 817 Fat, Total: 40g Carbohydrates, Total: 108g
Cholesterol: 127mg Sodium: 341mg Protein: 11g
Fiber: 4g % Cal. from Fat: 44% % Cal. from Carbs: 53%
- FOR DOUGH: 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water (105 to 115º F)
- One 1/4-ounce package dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/4 cups (or more) all-purpose flour
- FOR COFFEECAKE: Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1 FOR DOUGH: Melt butter in heavy small saucepan over medium-low heat. Remove from heat; add milk. Let mixture stand until cooled to at least 110º F.
- 2 Meanwhile, combine water and yeast in large bowl of heavy-duty stand mixer; let stand until yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes. Add milk mixture, sugar, eggs and salt. Using dough hook, mix on high speed until eggs are blended. Gradually mix in 4 1/4 cups flour. Continue kneading on medium speed until dough is smooth and pulls away from sides of bowl, adding more flour if necessary, about 5 minutes. Remove dough from bowl; form into ball. Sprinkle some flour into bottom of mixing bowl; return dough to bowl. Cover and chill overnight.
- 3 FOR COFFEECAKE: Spray 10-inch-diameter angel food cake pan with nonstick spray. Sprinkle pecans evenly over bottom of pan. Punch dough down. Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to 10-inch square. Cut dough into five 2-inch-wide strips. Cut each strip into five 2-inch squares, creating 25 pieces total.
- 4 Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Dip each dough piece into melted butter, then into brown sugar mixture, coating each piece evenly. Transfer each piece to waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- 5 Combine all remaining melted butter (about 2 tablespoons) with all remaining brown sugar mixture (2 to 3 tablespoons). Stir 3 tablespoons honey into brown sugar mixture. Pour honey mixture evenly over pecans in pan. Arrange dough pieces atop pecans, spacing evenly and creating two layers. Drizzle dough with remaining 3 tablespoons honey. Let rise in warm draft-free area until almost doubled, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350º F.
- 6 Bake coffeecake until golden brown, about 55 minutes. Cool on rack 10 minutes. Turn coffeecake out onto platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.