These Pulled Pork Sliders are perfect to serve in combination with these Turkey Sliders. Both from the animated The Legend of Hallowaiian, voiced by Star War’s Mark Hamill, Noah Schnapp from Stranger Things with the golden pipes of Vanessa Williams.
Promotional partner King’s Hawaiian shares this recipe, based on the film, for Pulled Pork Menehune Sliders that feature the brand’s Original Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce and Sweet Dinner Rolls – for double the pleasure!
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 pounds pork shoulder or pork butt
- 1 (12 ounce) can root beer
- 1 (15 ounce) bottle King's Hawaiian Original Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce
- 12 King's Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
- 6 slices Monterey jack cheese, quartered
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 24 blue cereal loops
- 6 medium black olives, quartered
- 12 red sweet baby peppers
- 1 Combine chili powder, pepper, salt and garlic powder in a small mixing bowl. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork and place the meat in slow cooker.
- 2 Pour the root beer over the pork and cook until tender, about 6-8 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- 3 Using two forks, shred the pork into bite-size pieces on a cutting board. Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker and add the pineapple BBQ sauce. Mix sauce and meat together.
- 4 Slice dinner rolls in half. Separate top half from bottom.
- 5 Spoon a portion of the BBQ pulled pork onto bottom half of each roll.
- 6 Use quarter slice of cheese to create teeth for each slider. Place teeth on top of pulled pork.
- 7 Slice an inch-long slit across the top half of each roll to place "hair" into. Place on top of pulled pork, creating a slider.
- 8 For hair: Gently arrange shredded carrots and julienned bell pepper into the prepared slit across the top of the roll.
- 9 For eyes: Use a quarter slice of cheese to create two eye shapes for each slider. Use two toothpicks to attach cheese. Then place a blue cereal loop and olive quarter onto each toothpick.
- 10 For nose, eyebrows and ears: For each slider, cut the tip of a baby pepper as the nose. Divide the remaining pepper in half. Cut one portion lengthwise to create ears and cut the other portion into two rectangles for eyebrows. Gently place each onto the slider. If necessary, use toothpicks to secure.