Pumpkin Butter is the last in our series of pumpkin recipes for fall from Delightful Table’s lead cooking instructor Scheherezade Daftary.
“About a year ago I got a pumpkin and I made some puree out of it because I didn’t have time to figure out what to do with it. I left it in my freezer and sort of forgot about it.
When I got a serious craving for something pumpkin flavored, I remembered that I had that puree in my freezer. I dug through the back of my freezer and low and behold, there was the bag of frozen puree.
I put it in the slow cooker with 1 cup of brown sugar and spices and let it do it’s thing until it became pumpkin butter. It is delicious!!”
- 3-4 cups pumpkin puree (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 Put your pumpkin puree in the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients and mix it up.
- 2 Turn it on the low setting for 8 hours.
- 3 It should darken in color and thicken in texture. Taste it and add anything else you might want.