Make this creamy, cheesecake-style pie to impress your family and friends.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
Food Processor Method: Place crust ingredients in food processor container. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- CRUST:1 cup Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- FILLING:12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 Combine 1 cup Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix and 2 tablespoons sugar; using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans.
- 2 Press in bottom and up side of a 9-inch deep dish or a 10-inch pie plate. Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- 3 In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar on medium speed until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture. Add pumpkin, eggs, 3 tablespoons Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, and spices to remaining cream cheese mixture; beat until smooth. Pour into crust.
- 4 Stir milk into reserved cream cheese mixture; spoon 6 dollops on top of pumpkin filling. Run a knife through centers of dollops to form ring of heart shapes. Cover loosely with foil.
- 5 Reduce oven temperature to 300°F and bake on lower oven rack for 60 to 75 minutes or until center is nearly set. Uncover and cool. Cover loosely; refrigerate at least 4 hours.