Multi-colored quinoa and hazelnuts are used to create a stunning crust for lamb. The earthy, nutty flavor is complemented by a cooling mint pesto and yogurt sauce.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
This recipe is the result of flavor studies showing new trends in pairings. Read more about how the flavor forecast pairings are chosen.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 418 Calories, Fat 30g, Protein 28g, Carbohydrates 9g, Cholesterol 88mg, Sodium 437mg, Fiber 2g.
- 2 tablespoons red quinoa
- 2 tablespoons white (pearl) quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon finely chopped toasted hazelnuts, divided
- 2 racks of lamb (about 1 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection™ Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection™ Mint Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection™ Garlic Salt
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 Rinse quinoas; drain well. Bring quinoas and water to boil in small saucepan on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Spread cooked quinoa on baking sheet to cool. Stir in 1/4 cup of the hazelnuts. Set aside.
- 2 Brush racks of lamb lightly with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Coat lamb with quinoa mixture, pressing firmly to adhere. Place lamb on roasting rack in foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil.
- 3 Roast lamb in preheated 450°F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until desired doneness.
- 4 Meanwhile, mix remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1 tablespoon hazelnuts, lemon juice, mint flakes and garlic salt in small bowl until well blended. Stir 1 teaspoon of the pesto into yogurt. To serve, carve lamb into chops. Drizzle with remaining pesto. Serve with Yogurt Sauce.