Raclette Recipe, Raclette with Country style Bread
For this menu you will need the raclette grill. Allow diners to grill cheese, potatoes and sausage as desired. Offer a crisp endive salad with bacon and mustard vinaigrette to complement the richness of the cheese. Pour a crisp Alsatian white wine.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 953 Fat, Total: 60g Carbohydrates, Total: 53g
Cholesterol: 169mg Sodium: 1600mg Protein: 52g
Fiber: 6g % Cal. from Fat: 57% % Cal. from Carbs: 22%
Cooking.com Tip: One of the best things about going to Switzerland is eating raclette. But now you don’t have to go to Europe to enjoy this savory dish. With an electric raclette grill you can make it at home. Chunks of raclette cheese, similar to gruyere, are melted over the exposed heat and scraped off as it melts. Serve it as a meal with new potatoes, sausage and bread.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
- 1 1/2 pounds 1 1/2-inch new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 1/2 pounds raclette cheese, rind removed, grated or sliced
- 1 pound smoked bockwurst sausage, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1 loaf country-style white bread, sliced
- Melted butter
- 1 Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes in half and place in bowl.
- 2 Place cheese, sausages and bread in separate serving bowls.
- 3 Preheat raclette grill. Brush griddle lightly with butter. Fill cheese pans with grated or sliced cheese. Place cheese pans under element and cook until cheese melts and bubbles, about 5 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, cook potatoes and sausage pieces on top griddle until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer potatoes and sausage pieces to plates. Spoon melted cheese over potatoes, sausage and bread. Repeat grilling cheese, potatoes and sausages as desired.