Making Rainbow Mallow Eggs is a fun way to involve the kids in preparing Easter treats.
- Mini Egg Pan
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons colored sugars: yellow, pink and violet
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Wilton Clear Vanilla Extract
- 1 Spray Mini Egg pan with vegetable cooking spray. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of desired colored sugar into each cavity. Rotate pan to cover area and shake out excess.
- 2 In a small bowl, stir together gelatin and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water. Let stand 5 minutes or until gelatin is set.
- 3 Combine sugar and remaining 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water in medium saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar crystals are dissolved and liquid is clear. Brush sides of pan with water to keep crystals from forming. Let cool 15 minutes.
- 4 Combine gelatin and sugar water in mixer bowl; add vanilla extract and beat at highest speed for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy and ribbons dropped from beater hold their shape on the surface of the mixture.
- 5 Pour mixture into prepared pan, level if necessary. Sprinkle colored sugar on marshmallows. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6 To remove from pan, gently slide mallow eggs out of pan. Turn out onto serving plate. Garnish with green tinted coconut, if desired.