This is another in our Valentine’s series from celebrity caterer and luxe event planner Andrea Correale of Elegant Affairs. This Red Wine Pasta is perfect for demonstrating your love in a unique way with this colorful and tasty dish.
Pasta is a perfect dinner for two and pairs wonderfully with a favorite wine, something rich, luxurious and red to match the mood of the day, like a cabernet, merlot or Sangiovese. —Editor
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 2 cups dry red wine (Chianti or zinfandel)
- To taste salt and pepper
- Garnish Parmesan shards
- Garnish fresh basil, torn
- 1 Heat a large pot of water to boil.
- 2 Add 1 teaspoon salt and pasta to boiling water. Cook just until pasta begins to bend easily (4-5 minutes).
- 3 Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and garlic.
- 4 Cook about 1 minute or until garlic begins to toast and brown. Add wine and bring to a simmer. Transfer pasta to the skillet with wine.
- 5 Cook, stirring occasionally, adding a little pasta water if the pasta becomes dry.
- 6 Once pasta is done (cook till “al dente. stir in the remaining butter.
- 7 Serve pasta with shards of parmesan and basil.