Dress up butternut squash with the fresh flavors of Fall—apples, cranberries, pecans, nutmeg, cinnamon and maple. A great way to get the health benefits of cranberries!
- 2 pounds 1 1/2-inch diced butternut squash
- 1/2 cup unsalted Plugrá® butter, melted, plus extra for buttering pan
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and diced Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh sage sprigs, as needed
- 1 Preheat oven to 425° F.
- 2 Grease a 10 x 13 inch baking dish with butter.
- 3 In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter, cranberry juice, maple syrup, and minced garlic.
- 4 In a large bowl, combine squash, apples, cranberries, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir mixture one time during the cooking process.
- 6 Garnish with sage sprigs.