A quick, yet decadently delicious, meal fit for kings and queens. This rack of lamb is crusted with a mixture of spices and herbs, seared on each side and then roasted in the oven for maximum flavor.
The Watercress Salad is simple and tasty salad, made with fresh citrus juices, olive oil, salt, and pepper. The perfect balance of light and refreshing to an indulgent lamb dinner.
Recipe from Chef Tim Love, Lonesome Dove Bistro (Fort Worth, Texas) courtesy of the American Lamb Board.
- 1/2 American Lamb rack (8-bone rack)
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 1/4 cup red chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 bunches watercress
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 In a bowl, mix salt, chili powder, pepper, rosemary, cilantro and half the olive oil to make a paste. Pack the paste all around the rack of lamb.
- 2 Heat the other 1/4 cup olive oil in a heavy skillet on medium heat. Place rack in skillet; sear for 2 minutes on each side.
- 3 Place skillet in the oven with lamb fat side up; bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes.
- 4 Remove rack from oven, let rest for 5 minutes.
- 5 Clean watercress; mix with lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Slice rack into individual chops.
- 6 Serve 2 chops per serving with the salad.