Here’s a great recipe to liven up any family dinner. These roasted root vegetables will warm your heart and your kitchen with a deep and rich aroma that smells as good as it tastes.
Use a combination of carrots, new potatoes, onions, beets, turnips, parsnips, and even table radishes–really, any root vegetables work great!
- 4 lb. assorted root vegetables (cleaned, and cut into the same size to equalize the cooking time)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 - 1- cup olive oil (enough to cover)
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2 Place caraway seeds into a small heavy kitchen sauce pot, add the white wine, using medium temperature cooking until all the wine is evaporated, stirring often. Use caution not to scorch the seeds.
- 3 Remove from heat and reserve.
- 4 Place cleaned and cut vegetables on a baking sheet with an edge. Don’t over crowd.
- 5 Drizzle the olive oil, cooked caraway seeds, Kosher salt and pepper and toss well.
- 6 Place in oven for 30 to 40 minutes (turn over vegetables during baking) until the vegetables are well caramelized,