Rosemary Olive Oil Raisin Bread Recipe. Homemade raisin bread is always a hit. Try this version with rosemary and olive oil.
Makes one large loaf
Facts per Serving
Calories: 271 Fat, Total: 7g Carbohydrates, Total: 47g
Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 477mg Protein: 6g
Fiber: 3g % Cal. from Fat: 23% % Cal. from Carbs: 69%
Cooking.com Tip: A baguette dough rising basket gives homemade bread that rustic European look. Flour the basket and let the dough rise inside. Once baked, your bread will have a crisp, ribbed exterior.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water in bowl of heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with dough hook. Stir in oil and rosemary. Add both flours and 2 teaspoons salt and mix until smooth dough forms, about 5 minutes. Mix in raisins.
- 2 Transfer dough to lightly oiled surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic; form into round. Brush large bowl with olive oil. Place dough in bowl and turn to coat. Cover with towel and let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- 3 Punch dough down and knead briefly. Form dough into log long enough to fit bottom of bread basket. Sprinkle basket with flour. Place dough in basket; cover and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, position shelf in center of oven and preheat to 400º F.
- 5 Sprinkle large heavy baking sheet with cornmeal. Carefully turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet. Brush loaf lightly with water and sprinkle with remaining teaspoon salt. Using long, very sharp knife, cut several slashes into top of loaf. Bake on baking sheet until bread is golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when tapped on bottom, about 40 minutes. Cool completely on rack.