Rosettes Recipe – This recipe is made using a rosette iron.
This recipe is made using a rosette iron. See “Additional Info” for details.
Makes about 5 dozen
Facts per Serving
Calories: 39 Fat, Total: 3g Carbohydrates, Total: 3g
Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 8mg Protein: 1g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 69% % Cal. from Carbs: 31%
Tip: A rosette iron is needed to make these pretty pastries. This cast iron tool comes with an L-shaped wand and three attachments: rosette, butterfly, and star. Be sure to dip the rosette iron in hot oil before dipping in the batter. This keeps the fried pastry from sticking to the iron.
SCI/Scandicrafts, Inc. 4-pc. Enameled Rosette Irons
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teasoon salt
- Oil for deep-frying
- Powdered sugar
- 1 Using electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs and egg yolk in medium bowl until well blended. Whisk in flour, cream, vanilla and salt. Chill batter 2 hours or overnight.
- 2 Line baking sheet with several layers of paper towels. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 350ºF. Dip rosette iron in oil until hot, about 10 seconds. Drain iron on paper towels.
- 3 Holding iron level, dip iron 3/4 of the way into batter (make sure iron is coated evenly). Place batter-coated iron into hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove iron and rosette from oil. Using tip of small sharp knife, slip rosette off iron. Cool on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 4 Sprinkle rosettes with powdered sugar before serving.