Burgers are an American pastime so, if you are anything like us, you’ve had just about every kind of burger imaginable. Shawn Bailey, from Game On, created this venison burger recipe to break the burger rut and get us to try something completely new, savory, and delicious.
Need a few more burger ideas? Shawn Bailey has you covered with his four-part burger series. Check out this recipe on his latest episode of Game On!
- 1 lb. ground venison ( makes 2 to 4 patties )
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded, deveined and finely diced (leave in for heat if you choose)
- 1 sliced apple, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 clove of garlic, finely diced
- 1 slice of pepper jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Mix venison with all ingredients and make patties per required size and grill on med heat on non-stick foil.
- 2 Make a depression in the center of the patty with your thumb to keep burger from shrinking.
- 3 Be careful when flipping; look for the cook line to be about halfway up the patty.
- 4 Cook until medium and top off with pepper jack cheese to melt.
- 5 Place on toasted bun and add toppings.
- 6 If flavor heat is desired, add slices of jalapeño.