This “green salsa” packs a fresh and spicy flavor. Ideal for chip dipping or for adding extra zest to many Mexican entrees.
See this spicy and fresh salsa in action in The Food Channel’s 90 Seconds in the Kitchen series, here.
Why Try? The green color adds interest and eye appeal, and pays it off with fiery Mexican flavor.
- 18 tomatillos (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 large white onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3-5 Serrano chiles
- 1 Remove husks & stems and halve the tomatillos.
- 2 Remove stem from all serranos and seeds from two of the chiles.
- 3 Chop onion in large dice.
- 4 Place all ingredients in processor and puree until smooth. Serve with crisp tortilla chips or use as condiment with other Mexican dishes.