Nothing tickles the heart at the holidays like Santa, unless it’s a Santa cookie! Pillsbury has declared December 12, 2015 the first ever National Cookie Decorating Day, and this is one of our favorite recommendations.
Cookie and photo used by permission. Click here for more holiday cookie recipes.
- 1 package (16 oz.) Pillsbury™ Ready To Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 container (1 lb.) vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- Red, yellow and black gel food colors
- 48 white vanilla baking chips (for Santa’s suit buttons)
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2 On ungreased cookie sheet, place dough rounds 2 inches apart.
- 3 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- 4 Meanwhile, slightly flatten marshmallows.
- 5 Remove from oven, and top each cookie with marshmallow.
- 6 Return to oven, and bake 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
- 7 Remove cookies from cookie sheets; cool completely on cooling racks.
- 8 Meanwhile, separate frosting into 3 small bowls, using 1 1/4 cups to make red frosting, 1/4 cup for yellow frosting and 1/4 cup for black frosting.
- 9 Add food color to each, and mix to get desired colors (red, yellow and black).
- 10 Frost and decorate cookies to look like Santa’s belly, using photo as a guide.