This sausage and vegetable mix is good enough by itself, but add sauerkraut and you have a truly unique and wonderful meal. Put it on a bun and top with sauerkraut for the family, or plate it by itself for a more sophisticated look. Either way, we know you will love this recipe!
To see this recipe in action and to learn more great fermenting tips, watch the latest episode of Cooking Guru here.
- 1 4-pack cooked chicken sausages
- 1 large red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- 2 Split sausages lengthwise, and spread apart.
- 3 Place cut side-down in skillet and saute until lightly brown.
- 4 Turn over and continue cooking until the other side is brown.
- 5 Remove sausages from pan and slice into chunks. Set aside.
- 6 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the same pan.
- 7 Add onion & pepper.
- 8 Saute, stirring occasionally, until caramelized (about 7-9 minutes).
- 9 Remove from heat and toss with sausage.
- 10 Divide the sausage, onion & pepper saute equally on two plates.
- 11 Top with sauerkraut and serve.