Orzo, a small, rice-shaped pasta, is combined with wonderful Italian flavors to create a unique side dish. Serve this versatile dish during the week or for a special holiday meal.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 Cook orzo as directed on package. Drain well.
- 2 Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon. Set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings in skillet. Add green onions; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- 3 Stir in orzo, bacon, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, Italian seasoning and seasoned salt. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.