Pan sauces typically require wine to lift up the browned bits from pan seared meats and vegetables. For a Cinco de Mayo twist, this recipe uses a dark beer, Negra Modelo, which works wonders with skirt steak. Enjoy!
Why Try? Skirt steak can be melt-in-your mouth wonderful with the right seasonings.
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 3 ounces dark beer
- 1 lime juiced (reserve half the juice for additional seasoning)
- 2-3 drops Worcestershire
- 1 pinch each of sugar, salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 Season skirt steak with half of the lime juice, Worcestershire, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 2 Heat vegetable oil in pan on high heat. Pan sear steak for two minutes on each side.
- 3 Deglaze the pan with your favorite dark beer, keeping the steak in the pan and maintaining high heat to reduce beer to a sauce. Check for seasoning and add more lime juice, sugar or salt to your taste.
- 4 Serve with fresh corn tortillas and top with salsa or peppers.