The zesty, aromatic flavor of Wasabi, a traditional sushi accompaniment, lends its spark to grilled salmon and a crunchy slaw.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 3 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Wasabi Powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons seasoned rice or cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Ginger, Ground
- 3 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sesame Seed, Toasted
- 1 pound salmon fillets, skin removed
- WASABI SLAW:
- 1 cup thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced bok choy
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 small cucumber, skin on, quartered lengthwise, seeded and sliced thin (1/2 cup)
- 1 Mix wasabi and water in medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Add vinegar, oil, brown sugar, salt, ginger and toasted sesame seed. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing for the slaw.
- 3 Place salmon fillets in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining dressing; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 5 Meanwhile, for the Wasabi Slaw, mix Napa cabbage, bok choy, bell pepper and cucumber in large bowl. Add reserved dressing; toss well. Remove salmon from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- 7 Grill over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salmon with Wasabi Slaw.
- 9 TIP: TO BAKE SALMON: Bake in preheated 375°F oven 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.