This summer recipe for Shrimp Kebabs, served on flatbread with a spicy yogurt sauce is the perfect combination of fiery spice.
The homemade yogurt sauce is flavored with real harissa, a hot Tunisian chili pepper paste, combined with citrus juice to perfectly complement the shrimp. Topped with arugula for added peppery flavor perfection.
Perfect for pairing with a chilled, sweet wine to balance the spicy flavor, like a Sutter Home White Zinfandel, Moscato or Pink Moscato.
Recipe and image courtesy of Sutter Home.
- 1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried crumbled oregano
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 flatbreads
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 Soak 4 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- 2 Preheat agrill or broiler and oil the grates of the grill. Toss the shrimp in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, oregano, garlic and season with salt and pepper. Skewer the shrimp, dividing evenly on the skewers and set aside.
- 3 In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, harissa, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 Grill the shrimp 2 minutes per side. Grill the flatbreads 1-2 minutes per side.
- 5 To serve, place a flatbread on each plate. Top with the arugula and a shrimp skewer. Serve with the yogurt sauce.
- 6 Add harissa to taste (optional).
- 7 Pair with chilled sweet wines such as Sutter Home White Zinfandel, Moscato and Pink Moscato.