A refreshing twist on the traditional bagel and lox, these smoked salmon bites are served on a hollowed out piece of fresh cucumber! They’re light enough to serve on a hot summer day and still packed full of flavor.
Want more cucumber recipes? Click here for three recipes to cool down with cucumber, this summer.
- 1 large cucumber
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 cup fresh chives, minced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- Garnish with fresh dill (optional)
- 1 Peel cucumber then run a fork down its length to score it all the way around. Slice into pieces about 1/2 inch thick. Use a melon baller or teaspoon measure to scoop out part of the insides.
- 2 In a bowl combine cheese with onion powder and fresh chives. Using a tablespoon scoop, fill the divots in the cucumber with the cheese mixture.
- 3 Top with a chunk of salmon and fresh dill. Chill until serving. (Pairs well with St. Julian Chardonnay).