“I’m taking it over the top today with some chicken salad stuffed avocados and I may never turn back. These are GOLD. Lunchtime gold.
In an effort to continue to share some lunches that I’m loving, this is another quick one that you can prepare ahead of time (okay, aside from slicing that avo!) and have in front of you in minutes.”
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt (preferably full fat or 2%)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons French's Classic Yellow Mustard
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons chives, plus more for topping
- 2 avocados
- 1 Add the shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken recommended) to a large bowl and season with salt, pepper, cumin and paprika. Add the yogurt, mayo and mustard, tossing well to coat, then fold in the onions, cherries, pecans and chives. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- 2 To serve, slice open an avocado and remove the pit. Scoop the chicken salad into the avocado and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.