These are pure fun to make, and fun to eat. It’s on trend, too, with both the mini-size and the overall demand for cupcakes!
Why Try? Kids will love to help decorate these Snowman Chocolate Mint Cupcakes.
- 12 mini cupcake liners
- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 (18 1/4-ounce box) chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 24 3-ounce mini dark chocolate mint candy bars
- 1 (2 ounce) block dark chocolate colored fondant (ready-to-use rolled fondant, available in craft stores)
- 2 orange fruit chew candies
- 12 blue fruit chew candies
- 12 thin chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 (16 ounce) container white whipped frosting
- 1 tablespoon white edible glitter
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2 Line 12 mini and 12 standard muffin tin cups with cupcake liners.
- 3 Fill each mini cup 2/3 full with cupcake batter. Fill each standard cup 1/3 full; top each with one mini chocolate mint candy bar. Continue filling cup with batter to 2/3 full.
- 4 Bake mini cupcakes for 16 - 18 minutes and standard cupcakes for 24 - 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 5 Meanwhile, roll out dark chocolate colored fondant lengthwise to 1/8-inch thick. Cut 8-inch x 3-inch rectangle; combine scraps and roll for second 8-inch x 3-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle evenly into 6 strips and fringe ends of each, making 12 scarves. Roll remaining fondant into small balls for eyes and tiny balls for mouths. (Keep covered with plastic wrap to avoid drying and cracking.)
- 6 Cut and mold orange fruit chew candies into carrot shaped noses. Heat blue fruit chew candies in microwave for 3 to 5 seconds and roll out to 1/8-inch thick; cut into thin strips and create woven plaid pattern on each scarf.
- 7 Microwave wafer cookies 5 seconds and cut rounds using 1-inch biscuit cutter. Secure one mini chocolate mint candies to center of each round with frosting.
- 8 Frost cupcakes and sprinkle evenly with edible glitter.
- 9 To assemble each snowman, crisscross scarf and place loop over center of standard cupcake; top with mini cupcake, placed on side with iced top facing scarf. Make face by inserting eyes, nose, and mouth into frosted mini cupcake; top with hat.