Cool treats for the whole gang! You’ll be the hit of any summer event with this adorable porcupine-shaped centerpiece. A watermelon, lemon, cantaloupe and grapes make the shape of this cute critter’s body and the quills are brightly-colored Sour Power Bomb Pops®.
Recipe courtesy of Blue Bunny®.
(See video “how to” below.)
- 1 watermelon
- 1 lemon
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 2 red or blue grapes
- 24 Sour Power Bomb Pops® (or any flavor of Bomb Pop)
- 1 Slice watermelon in half and scoop out the core of one of the halves. Cut off ends of lemon and cut into quarters.
- 2 Start to build porcupine by turning the half-watermelon cut side down. Place the lemon quarters on either side to make feet. Nestle cantaloupe against the front side of the watermelon, cutting the edge of the watermelon if necessary to make it fit snugly. Attach grape "eyes" to the cantaloupe head with toothpicks.
- 3 Unwrap all the Bomb Pops and quickly insert the sticks into the watermelon rind to make the porcupine quills. Place in freezer until ready to serve.
- 4 Options: Any type of melon with a hard rind can be substituted for the watermelon. If using a smaller melon (cantaloupe or honeydew) for the porcupine body, use a smaller fruit such as an orange for the head.